July 30, 2010

Cuppy Cake Dress in Silk!

I couldn't be happier with the way this dress and the pictures turned out! I have been working with Brewer creating Dupioni silk samples of some of my favorite patterns. This one is the Cuppy Cake dress, sewn and photographed by my incredibly talented friend Amie of Princess Picasso.




I am thinking of carrying a small selection of Brewer silks in my boutique. What do you think? I think it gives the clothing a formal and more sophisticated look. Perfect for the Holiday's, a wedding, or any special occasion!

On a side note...2 weeks from today I'll be on my way to the Festival of Quilts in England! Be sure to check in for a fun travel log, an exciting giveaway, and more...much, much more!

9 comments:

Kimberly C. said...

Wow! I love the dress in silk! It is georgeous!! I've never sewed with silk before... is it more difficult to work with? Any special tips? The photos of the dress in silk definently make me want to try it out...

Cindy Sews said...

I love the silk dress. I make a lot of silk dresses for my girls. I wet it and hang it dry before I start. Then, it is a hand washable dress!

sewgirl said...

I love that dress. It looks so dressed up and absolutely beautiful.

steph c said...

That dress is gorgeous! The silk is beautiful.

The Drizzled Apple said...

K, the back of that is divine!!!
Love the green pink and brown together! super chic!

Sarah said...

It's beautiful!!!

Is something wrong with your feed? I just realized I Haven't seen an update in google reader since the beginning of July. I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing and it didn't help, it's stuck on an old on. Just wondering if you know anything! I'll be sad if I can't follow in google reader anymore!

melifaif said...

SO sweet. I love that dress!

Philopolis Designs said...

Great choice with the lime green...best color ever!!

Karen S said...

That is crazy how different that dress looks in that fabric. I love it.