November 23, 2009

Time For Cake...


I have so many yummy recipes shoved into a bottom drawer in my kitchen that I never have time to make! It's really quite sad. However, I always find time to make this Delicious Lemon Cake. It is my most favorite thing in the whole world. I even requested it for my birthday!

So here is a little treat for you and your family. I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with love and a million things to be thankful for.

(Oh, and yes there is a slice missing in the back. I had to have a hot piece fresh out of the oven...Sorry!)

Scrumptious, Lick your Lips, Lemon Yogurt Cake:

  • 2 Cups of All Purpose Unbleached White Flour (DO NOT eat flour with bleach in it! YUCK)
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 cup of butter softened
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 large lemon - grate for the lemon zest
  • 1 cup of plain vanilla yogurt
  • LEMON GLAZE:
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 2 cups of powdered sugar
  • (you want the glaze to be kind of runny so if it's too thick add some more lemon juice)
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Generously butter a 10" bundt pan
  • Into a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside
  • In a mixing bowl cream 1 cup of butter and the sugar.
  • Beat on high speed until it is light and fluffy about 5 minutes.
  • add eggs one a time while you continue to beat the mixture. Blend in lemon zest.
  • Add flour mixture to the creamed mixture alternating with the yogurt.
  • Pour batter into cake pan and bake for 55 to 65 minutes.
  • Cool for 10 minutes.
  • Drizzle with lemon glaze.
  • Serves 12
Don't forget about the pattern of the month contest. It ends on December 9th!

No comments: