September 24, 2009

I'm at that point where I would rather be doing anything than sewing. I get like this after I've been cooped up in my sewing room for days on end. I find myself doing odd little things like cleaning out the garage, dying my hair, making yummy treats, blogging. Things that I should most definitely not be doing right now. Just before spring market in May I was digging around in my garage and found my old art portfolios from high school and college. Inside one of them was this:



I forgot that I even knew how to paint! I think I did this when I was 18, but I haven't done anything since. I even tried to sell it once in a garage sale. Can you believe that? What in the world was I thinking? Luckily, nobody bought it.

My husband thought it was a shame to have it hidden in the garage so I decided to hang it in the kids bathroom to brighten it up. I was just in there cleaning and noticed it on the wall and since I am looking for anything to do other than start a new outfit, I decided I would share it with you. I have some other pieces of art that I might show one day if I can get up the nerve, but this one is definitely my favorite.

My boys love this nasty skull I drew when we were working on still lifes in art class, but I don't think I'll post that because it freaks me out! Well...maybe for Halloween.

9 comments:

Leisel said...

I am so glad I am not the only one that does that! When ever I am under the gun, I find random things to do that I never normally do. . . I wish I was there to help you! I would LOVE to work with your new patterns! ;0)

Sandi Henderson said...

Chelsea, you've got skillz! My favorite part is the little frog..

Hope you're well! See you soon-

Sandi

Dawn said...

Ooh that is fabulous.. it should be a fabric... yummy..funny how we look at things we did years ago and like them now.. he he
Hugs Dawn x

Jeannine said...

Wow, someone has a hidden talent that they need to work on. Good for you.

Creative Cole said...

What a great painting!!! I LOVE to paint too :) And your painting is framed (bonus)...hang it up and look at it and say..."Dang I am talented" :)

Chelsea said...

Thank you!

I honestly don't know if I could recreate something like this. I remember doing it, but I don't know how I did it. It has been too long.

I have painted on some plates at Lila's Color me mine studio, but they all turned out really ugly! lol!

Becky said...

Your painting is beautiful and I'm so glad you shared it with your readers! Maybe, since you have to start a new outfit and all, you can find inspiration in the flowy lines of the leaves and the garden colors. I love the butterfly and jumping frog!

Lila Tueller said...

Hey girl...this could be a fabric design! Just put it into a repeat and submit it! Who knows...

You are doing fine... just keep procrastinating and maybe you'll actually get in the mood to sew again! That's what happens to me when I procrastinate my housework for a while.
See you soon...heehee

greenpalm said...

Oh, so gorgeous! Thank heavens it didn't sell in that garage sale.