August 22, 2010

Stratford On Avon

After visiting The Cotswolds we went back to London for one more night at our Luxurious Grand Royal Hyde Park hotel:


The foyer was grand, the rooms were really small and just okay. Who cares whe you're in London, right?


Then we headed to Warwick to stay in the Hilton which is really, really close to the Cotswolds, but really really far away from the convention center. Can you tell I had no idea what I was doing when I planned this trip! I probably could have saved my self a lot of money and time, if I had a clue. I'm sure everyone here has been making fun of the silly American girl with 200lbs of luggage. They are all probably thinking,"she really needs to get a clue!"

I won't show you the Hilton, because it's not that great, but we did some really cool things while we were in Warwick, so I'm really glad we stayed there. First...

I never thought I would get a chance to see this! Stratford on Avon, Shakesperes birthplace:


I have more, but the festival is about to end and I have been blogging during the slow times :) I'll show more later of Stratford and I think you will really like Warwick Castle. I'm flying home in the morning and won't be able to blog, so I think I'll extend the contest a few more days. Keep checking back!

23 comments:

ElizabethH said...

This is so beautiful. It makes me feel like I am right there with you. You had an amazing trip.

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

Sounds like an amazing trip. Thanks for sharing all your pictures :)

Eydie Watkins said...

how great to see all these amazing things

Joy said...

I love this last picture of the door. It really makes me wonder where it goes to? And how did it get to be there? Very romantic.

Kimberly said...

Shakespeares birthplace. How cool!

Abbey said...

I just love those gardens!

Cindy Sews said...

You had another great day. I can't wait to see pictures of the quilt festival.

Rebecca Zaidi said...

Met you at the Quilt Festival yesterday - the lady with the baby who talked about moving to LA!!
Lovely to chat and I've been checking out the photos of POM with my girls.
Can't wait to start sewing your patterns :)

Kerrie said...

*sigh*swoon* The pictures are so amazing - I LOVE that hedge gate, I wonder if I can convince DH to build a frame like that for the kudzu-like stuff in our garden - LOL!
Can you even BELIEVE the AGE and history of some of these places? Wow... I am so in awe!

Philopolis Designs said...

Lovely!! I love the picture with the gate...looks like you had a wonderful trip!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for sharing your fun adventure with us all.

trollsandraatyahoodotcom

Jen said...

Those gardens are breathtaking!

Jen said...

I've just adored all the pictures but I'm still holding out for a glimpse at the quilt market. Hope you are home safe and sound now - OH probably not quite yet but soon - I bet your kiddos missed their momma!

everyday inspirations said...

Oh those gardens! SOOO beautiful!!!

catherine s.
imaginethatdesign (at) yahoo (dot) com

Amanda said...

Very pretty!! The gardens are really beautiful.

The Urban Child said...

So beautiful!

Diane in AZ said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful adventure. You have given such a sense of the history we all share with Europe.

Sarah Norman said...

So are you recovered yet? I'm glad you had fun and I enjoyed following your trip! P.S. I can't wait to win! Ha!

Jamie said...

I'm so glad I caught up on your posts, thanks so much for sharing!

clairesmom05 said...

Your Hotel is so cool on the outside and I have loved all the random shots that you wouldn't normally see on someones trip to Europe. It would be fun to get those framed!

Anonymous said...

The gardens are so pretty!

cheri@readytek.net

Anonymous said...

once again, ever so beautiful! I love the garden!

Strictly Sewing said...

Ah!! Greenery. Need some in El Paso, TX.