August 20, 2010

I Love LONDON

What do you do if you only have 1 day to spend in London...I have no idea, but this is what we did!

At the top of our lists was MOM: see the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace CHELSEA: eat at books for cooks for lunch and Jamie's Italian for dinner, catch a glimpse of Will.
We arrive in London at 8:30am, go to our hotel change clothes, hop on a double decker bus:

I fell in love with LONDON at first sight!


We arrive at the palace at 9:45. What? The changing of the guard is only every other day??? Oh blast! But guess what, the Queen is on Holiday, so we get the special treat of going inside the castle to see the state rooms. No photographs please. It was so pretty, so elegant, and it smelled really good! Outside of the palace in the garden we could take pictures, but there wasn't much to see, accept for this...

OH YAAA!

Just kidding, he wasn't there.




We still have time to make it to Portobello road to eat at Books for Cooks (I promised a friend I would go there). Arrive at Books for Cooks at 11:30. What? It's closed on Mondays??? Crap! Still, Portobello Road is really, really cool!

(sorry about the butt shot of that guy) AND to the man in the window...I SEE YOU! Open the door and give me some food!

Even the toilets look cool. My mom kept asking people, "Where is your restroom?" and they had no idea what she was talking about. It was funny!



This is a men's clothing store and these are a lot of vintage sewing machines:



WOW!

I don't know what this, but I like it:


Really old and really expensive tea pots:

(I asked)



I'm pretty sure I need to live here at some point in my life:

Right about now I look like I've been riding on the top of a double decker bus for 2 days straight, but I don't care. I'm HUNGRY!Sooooooo, we take a taxi to Jamie's Kitchen.That cost us a pretty penny, but we got there just before the dinner rush:


Have I ever told you how much I LOVE JAMIE OLIVER? No...well then, I'm kind of obsessed. Not in a love sick way, just in a way that I might freak out a little if I ever got to meet him. He's my kind of celebrity. Down to earth, funny, and he really, really cares about people. Plus he can cook! Sadly, he wasn't there, so I did the next best thing and took a billion pictures of his hip Italian restaurant and wrote him a note! Do you think he'll respond? If he does, I'll let you know.

Jamie's YUMMY Italian:


I licked the plate. His Bruschetta was out of this world:
FUNKY fries. GOOD!
Dinner at last. YUM!

How did it get to be so late? We haven't even seen Westminster Abby!
Here it is at dusk:


Big Ben:


And a really crappy picture of the front of Buckingham Palace:


I AM SO TIRED.

27 comments:

Jordan and Heather Humbert said...

Wow, that did look exhausting! I want to eat at Jamie's restaurant - yummy!

Diane in AZ said...

Only one day in London must have been a whirlwind. Your photos are great. Love all your angles.

Cindy Sews said...

It looks like you had a great day! Thanks for the photos. They were great!

Abbey said...

London through your eyes looks amazing!

Jennwith4 said...

What a whirlwind of a day! But it sure sounds as if you guys are having a lot of fun!

peneller said...

I found your stand at FOQ and was really impressed with your patterns and fabrics. I bought two patterns, but wish I had bought more. I hope you are able to get someone in the UK to supply your patterns as they are truly lovely. My little granddaughter is going to love her frilly skirt!

Kerrie said...

Wow! What a LOT to pack into one day, you must have absolutely collapsed at the end. LOVE LOVE LOVE Jamie Oliver and the "truth" he's trying to bring to our eating habits. I'm with you, such a fan! And OMG, the blue house...!!!
SO many things to drool over! :)

Joy said...

WOW!!! What a big day!!!! So mcuh to see and do. It sounds like you guys are having a great, exciting, tiring time. That must be so much fun to see it all with your mom.

Taya said...

Looks like you went non stop. Food looks so yummy I am now hungry.

Heidi said...

London looks amazing and I love me some Jamie!

Sarah Norman said...

Love the toilet! HA! I also love how your picture of the old tea pots has a sign in the background that I think means, "no photos." You are too funny!

Kimberly said...

The first thing that popped in my head when I saw Portobello Road was the song about it in Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Ever seen it? It's been years but I liked it as a kid! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope to go there someday!!!

trollsandraatyahoodotcom

Philopolis Designs said...

Wow! All that in one day!! Amazing! I cannot wait until my hubby and I can go one day!!

Shannon said...

All of these amazing shops and photos!!! I'm swooning.
So fun to see all your pictures!

Anonymous said...

Yum!! London is great! The only thing I didn't like was everytime I went to cross the street even though it was right there printed in front of me on the sidewalk "look right", I still looked the wrong way and nearly got ran over several times!
denise_franklin(at)sbcglobal(dot)net

Eydie Watkins said...

What a great day in London. Bet the palace was great.

ElizabethH said...

The food looks yummy! For a minute you had me convinced you saw the Prince. My husband worked in Bermuda for 4 years and he actually did see The Queen and Charles up close. So one never knows.

thomas family said...

jamie oliver is so fun to watch on tv. his food looked yummy. so jealous, would love to ride in a double decker bus. thanks for sharing.

Jen said...

You guys are just packing your days to the brim - such fun. Super jealous over here!

everyday inspirations said...

Wow...those pics are great! London is still on my 'to-do' list...hopefully with the hubs and maybe the little one too! Thanks for sharing all these wonderful images!

catherine s.
imaginethatdesign (at) yahoo (dot) com

Amanda said...

These have to be most favorite pictures yet!! What a wonderful place.

The Urban Child said...

Wow! Even the restrooms look classy! lol

Jamie said...

So cool that you got to eat at Jamie Oliver's restaurant.

Anonymous said...

I can see why you were so tired! What a day!


cheri@readytek.net

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome little photographer too?! Such talent. I looove the picture of Big Ben. I bet you had a blast!

Strictly Sewing said...

Amazing! I would love to try that food.